I’m always thrilled to accept an award, and humbled when I think about how much reflection and attention it takes for a fellow blogger to thoughtfully compile a list of nominees.
Thanks to The Empathy Queen for this nomination! I will try to do her justice by following the rules although I’m not really keen on rules of any kind. Because The Empathy Queen is so super cool, I’m putting her site at the top of my list even though it may be interpreted as a bit redundant and kind of weird.
Giddy with anticipation, I am going to try to pull myself together and begin.
The rules I received are as follows:
THE RULES :
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know about their nomination with a comment.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
I enjoy many blogs, but I’m limited to 15, so I’m going to nominate those that most move me to the bone with one emotion or another, hoping that others will explore them and discover the magic!
So, in no particular order, except for the first one:
Okay, that was the easy part, but now it’s time to list 7 interesting things about myself. Hmm, let’s see…
- Like my friend, The Empathy Queen, I have a hard time handling compliments.
- I’ve never missed an episode of Project Runway. Ever.
- I love to wear novelty socks.
- I bake all of our bread.
- I’m a published poet.
- When I was 6, I thought I saw the Easter Bunny but it turned out to be the milkman.
- I quit holding my stomach in when I turned 60.
If there was a #8, it would be about how I feel every time I get a new Comment or Like on either of my blog sites. When someone new Follows me, I celebrate by eating a forbidden food like a real cookie, not one of my husband’s sugar free jobs. I am sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, tickled to death when my work is read, and I thank each and every one of you for your kind support.